Friday, November 03, 2006

Now Taking Requests

I'm pretty sure that I'm talking to myself when I make a post on my blog. I know of one person who definitely reads my blog regularly and maybe three others who might check in every once in a while. My extremely exclusive (I think Exclusive sounds better than limited or nonexistent) readership is partly my choice - I haven't told a lot of people about the existence of my blog. However, it also makes me sad.

Since I'm committed to posting everyday for the month of November, I am taking requests for topics. I'm hoping to accomplish two things with this request:
1. Have something to blog about everyday. Seriously, it isn't easy. I can ramble on for a long time, but I'd prefer to be interesting. If you suggest something you'd like to read, then it should be interesting to you.
2. Find out that I have more readers than I think. This is wishful thinking, and if no one responds, or just my three friends who may or may not read respond, that's ok too.

So. I can do memes, I can write on sports, music, movies, literature, pop culture, feminism, current events - whatever you want to see. Keep in mind my long-dormant Girls' Guide to Sports which I really do love to write, though no one seems to have any questions about sports lately. If you need personal advice, I can do that, too, though I highly recommend contacting Mavis for that stuff.

4 comments:

Mavis said...

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think anyone reads my columns, either. So basically, we're writing for each other. Which is awesome. I would like to hear your take on any new shows you've picked up this fall season, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Also, talk to me about dogs. I love dogs.

manogirl said...

Hey, I'm reading every damn day too! That's TWO regular readers.

And I'd like to hear about music. Let's hear about what you're hearing.

Mary said...

Well, I just happened upon your blog following the NaBloPoMo Randomizer from Fussy.org. I also blog and feel like my blog is read by only two people -- my daughter and me. You're not alone.

Unknown said...

me too, me too.

there are only two people that read my blog, me and my friend. i've only told her about my blog, so that's fair enough hey?

but i just did the same thing, I emailed her and asked her what she'd like to be reading about my life...funny hey!