Thursday, May 04, 2006

Girls' Guide to Sports

What’s a first down? What’s the infield fly rule? Why is no score in tennis “love?”

You’ve got questions, I’ve got answers. Yes, that’s right. I am declaring myself the go-to-girl for all your sports needs. My qualifications? A love of baseball, access to Google, and enough friends who know enough stuff about lots of sports to answer any questions you can throw at me. I play on the company softball team, have run a ½ marathon, took tennis lessons in middle school (I grew up in the south, it’s what we do), and was on a swim team for one summer. So, I’ve got first hand experience there. Several of my brothers have wrestled, ran track, played lacrosse, roller hockey, water polo, soccer, and, of course, baseball. Oh, and back in the day I played a mean game of four-square – also a southern thing, I think. To top that off, I went through a big hockey phase and have been to the horse races more than once. I may not know a lot about football, but what I didn’t pick up watching the Fighting Irish play for four years, I can find out. So, lay it on me.

Send your questions to: recordstorerita@hotmail.com

No comments: