Monday, November 13, 2006

Old Post, New Post

This is a post I started a long time ago... two months or so, about when I went to see Tom Petty. MSN has a series going called "What I Learned" by famous people. Tom Petty did one, which I thought was pretty cool. So, I thought I'd share a link and revisit my impression of his concert. And so, the old post:

This was a good weekend. The last two, actually, have been wonderful.

I don't work on Fridays. I am in the progress of earning my master's degree in English Lit and I stay home from work on Fridays to do school work. As I've only had one class this quarter, my work load was relatively light. So, I cleaned a little, read a little, and hung out with Hank. Nice day. I should do more work than I do when I stay home. Normally, it isn't a problem, but now I have a bowling league on Monday nights so, if my work isn't done by Sunday night, I'm sort of screwed. Such is the case now. I skipped class last week because Hank got hurt (but that's a whole other story) and I didn't check our assignment until Sunday. Whoops. I have to find a text ... well, it won't make any sense here, but suffice to say it's going to be tough to do.

Anyway.

Last Friday night Mr, another couple, and I headed over to Northerly Island to see Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. This is the second time I've seen Tom Petty, and man can that guy rock. Apparently, he is retiring after this tour, so in theory this is the last time Petty will play Chicago. He's getting older, and seemed a little tired near the end, but I have a hard time believing he'll really retire. He seems to love it so much. And why wouldn't he? The Heartbreakers kick ass and his music just flat out rocks. I think Tom could sing the ABCs and I would be entertained. He seems like such an interesting character.

Mr has agreed to invite him to our wedding. hee.

No comments: