Wednesday, November 01, 2006

New Start

So, I'm starting over with this blog. Not really, I mean, I'm not deleting old posts or anything, but I feel like it's New Year's Day or something. I'm posting everyday for the month of November. In tandem with this, I've also decided to restart my diet. I've essentially been on a diet since last February, and I've had slow but steady results with a couple of setbacks. The key, for me, to successfully eating healthy (healthily?) is to track my food. I haven't consistently done that for months now, which is why I haven't lost any more weight. I also haven't gained any which is good, because it means that I have changed some of my eating habits for the better, but it's also bad because I know that I feel more comfortable with myself at about ten pounds lighter. But this is not interesting blog fodder, and I do strive to be interesting. The point is, for me, it is also TraFoDaiMo*.

Today's tidbit: (actually several days old)

New Jersey recently passed a law allowing same-sex couples to marry (civil union, but whatever). This is a big step forward because New Jersey allows out of state couples to wed, which means same-sex couples can go and get married and then challenge their state to recognize their union.

I don't get why this is still an issue. It isn't like straight people are doing such a hot job at preserving the sanctity of marriage. Besides, look at these ladies. If that's not love, I don't know what is.

*Track Food Daily Month I know, it's sort of a stretch and not as funny as I hoped but what are you going to do? I try.

No comments: