Monday, October 30, 2006

Long Time, No See

So, it's been well over a month since I've posted. First I was going to write about seeing Tom Petty in what may have been his last concert ever, and then I was going to write about how I decided not to run the 1/2 marathon and then some stuff about weddings after I went to yet another friend's nuptials. Then my parents were in town and it was already a couple weeks after Tom Petty and the 1/2 marathon was already over and ... you know, life and stuff.

Then I was wondering: If I don't blog when I actually have something to blog about, maybe I should just stop altogether. I mean, hardly anyone knows I have this blog. I'm completely anonymous and, yet, the only people who read it are my three friends who I told to read it.

And then, I came across this:

Which I love. It roughly translates to "blog or die"

NaBloPoMo is inspired by NaNoWriMo, where people write an entire novel in one month only with this you post to your blog every day. I like it, and I think I'll give it a shot. According to the Franklin Covey class I took, it takes thirty days of doing something every day to make it a habit. So, I figure I will commit to posting once a day, every day, in November. It's going to be tough over Thanksgiving, because I'm going to my parent's house in the North Georgia mountains and their internet connection blows. And we're driving there, so that's at least two days where I spend at least 12 hours in the car, but we'll see what I can do.

At the very least, I have two drafts that I started and never finished, so even if I come up with nothing, I have a few things in the hopper.

I wish Blogger would get their shit together with Mac. I can't post pictures from my home computer, because even Firefox doesn't let you post pictures to blogger. They just haven't figured it out yet, I guess. Maybe while I'm home, I can just upload pics to my mom's computer and post from there.

Aren't you just so excited? You totally should be. It will rock.

ps - did you know that Blogger's spell check considers "blogger" a misspelled word? Interesting.

No comments: