Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Television

Mavis wanted to hear about new tv shows I'm into. Considering that it is currently 10:55, and I don't want to miss the daily deadline, I'll going to keep it short. Hey. I told you this might be a weak blog until the 22nd.

The only new show I'm into this year is Dexter on Showtime. Based on the book Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay, the lead character is a serial killer, but it is way more interesting than you think. Dexter is played by Michael C. Hall, formerly of Six Feet Under. It's a mildly disturbing show, but you just can't look away. Great acting and a really fascinating premise. Plus, you can watch the first two episodes for free on Showtime's website.

Other TV shows I love:

House - it was better the first season, they're getting a little too much into the personal lives of the doctors, but House himself is starting to become a little bit of a characature of his first season personality. It's still addictive and damn good television, but I think it is on a downward swing.

Gilmore Girls - I am not ashamed. Ok, maybe I'm a little ashamed. The show is not nearly as good as it once was and some of that is no one's fault. Alexis Bledal has grown from a cute girl to an awkard young woman and she just isn't that great of an actress. She's passable though, and I'm slowly growing to love Logan. Mostly, though I tune in for Luke, played by Scott Patterson. He's a former baseball player (and was sponge-worthy on Seinfeld), which might be some of the attraction. He's tough and gruff but I really loved him with Lorelei. The show is actually making a comeback as far as writing is concerned - it is so much better than last season. Unfortunately, last season dug some holes that are going to be really tough to get back out of. The new show runners are doing a good job, but it makes this season bittersweet for me. They're making Lorelei and Christopher's relationship seem really believable and I hate them together. Luke seems to be doing well without her and I love her and Luke together. I can't see how they're going to reunite the two of them, and that makes me sad. But I can't stop watching.

South Park - I think these guys will at some point be referred to as the greatest satirists of our times. No, I'm not joking. I love this show.

It's late, and I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Thursday and Friday will be tough, since I'm closing on the new house on Thursday and we're camping out there. I don't know that I'll get to an internet connection on Friday, but I'll do my best.

No comments: