Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Major Life Decision

I have decided that I would like to be a woman of leisure. I just have too many interests and not enough time to explore them. This whole working thing is just getting in the way. Here are some of the things I would do, if I had enough time:

1. Play guitar. I own a guitar and took lessons at The Old Town School of Folk Music. It was awesome and fun. I never have time to practice anymore. At the moment, all I can really play is "Hungry Heart" by Bruce Springsteen. But I ROCK IT. Think of what I could do if I had time to practice and take more lessons.

2. Knit. I taught myself to knit in college and made a scarf or two. I started a blanket for my cousin when she was pregnant with triplets. They are now almost five. The blanket is still not finished. I want to knit cozy socks and hats and maybe a cool felted purse like I saw on Knitty Gritty on the DIY network. I love shopping for and buying yarn. But knitting takes time and time I do not have.

3. Exercise. I realize this should be a part of my life in order for me to be healthy and it should probably be higher on this list but, quite frankly, it takes way too much effort. I'm a bad runner, I don't stretch and I tend to hurt myself. I do really well with gym equipment and group classes. Those things take time and money.

4. Dance. I used to be a dancer, in high school. I would really love to take tap dancing lessons again, because it is lots of fun.

That's it for now. I have to get back to work.

No comments: