I haven't had time to read a book for fun since Christmas. Here is what I'm planning to read, in no particular order, in the next 5 weeks before school starts.
- Faking It by Jennifer Crusie
- All U Can Eat by Emma Holly
- Lady Anne's Dangerous Man by Jeanne Westin
- Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
- Lake Wobegon Summer 1956 by Garrison Keillor
- Mohawk by Richard Russo
Clearly, my class on romance novels has inspired me. I loved Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie so much, I bought a bunch of her other books (including one that I've already read, though I didn't know that at the time). I want to read The 7 Habits because I think I could be more effective in my life, and I use the Franklin-Covey system so... It seems to make sense. My boss also lent me that one on CD, so I can listen to it in the car and read it - sort of a double whammy to hope it sinks in a little.
It's kind of a lot, but I think I can manage. I started Mohawk just after Christmas and didn't get very far before school started. The romances generally read pretty quickly. I'll keep you posted.