Thursday, July 20, 2006

Liar!

That billboard from the last post? It's a fake. Apparently, there is also one in LA and NYC. "Emily" has a blog connected to the New York billboard, complete with a video of "Steven" and Emily's former best friend "Laura" making out and checking into a hotel. According to the (really poorly written) blog, she's going to torture him for 14 days, so we'll see what this is an ad for then. One person speculated that it was for a show on Court TV, another for a chick-lit novel. Personally, I think it's a bad choice for just about anything. Her blog is poorly written, which doesn't bode well for some forthcoming novel, and her tactics are over the top and annoying - something only acceptable in characters we've already come to love. From an anonymous "Emily," they're just annoying.

I'm sorry that I pointed this trash out. Luckily, I only have one regular reader (Hi Mavis!), so I didn't help too much in the spreading of the crap.

No comments: