Sunday, July 01, 2007

I Think I Might Throw Up

I just ordered my wedding invitations, and I feel a little nauseous. Not because it's finally real or anything silly like that. No, I feel like vomiting because I essentially made it online and just typed everything in and Mr & I checked it, but if I made a typo or something, there's nothing I can do about it. I saw a preview of the invitation, but not the respond card or the reception card, and I have nothing now to look at to make myself feel better. And I have no salesperson to call and ask random questions.

The internet can make things very convenient, but I wish I had been able to find reasonably priced invites in a store. It was convenient for me to order them, but it might also be convenient for them to screw them up and leave me stranded.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sis recently ordered invites to a wedding shower online, and they were amazing. I obviously don't know if you ordered from the same place, but maybe a little internet sales good news doesn't hurt?

niobe said...

Whenever I do something that I really want to turn out well, I always develop an intense, impossible-to-alleviate fear that I've made some stupid mistake that will screw up the whole thing. Luckily, that seldom actually happens.

I bet everything will turn out just the way you want it to with the cards and invitations. Though, depending on how tight your schedule is, you might feel a little better if you tell yourself that in the very unlikely event that there's a mistake, you can probably (for $$$, of course) find a way to have them redone on a rush basis.