Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Honeymoon Dreams

So, we're not sure where we'll go for our honeymoon. We were thinking Hawaii, because it seems like the thing to do for a honeymoon. Then, we were thinking we should go somewhere in the Caribbean - it's cheaper than Hawaii and basically the same thing, but with gambling! Except that we're getting married in October, which is still Hurricane season. Mr is not lucky, and if we go there, we will get to experience a hurricane.

So we're back to Hawaii.

One of the ideas we had thrown out there was Disney World. I think it would be fun. We can go at an off-peak time and save money and experience less crazy kids hopped up on sugar. So I did a little research. Turns out, Florida is in Hurricane season, too. I know, I should have realized that, but I didn't.

Not that it matters to Disney. Nope. Their season is entirely determined by the school schedule, and not Hurricanes. But whatever.

I was looking at Disney again this morning, because though we do think we'll go to Hawaii, we both agreed that it might be fun to go to Disney World someday. I thought I found a really good deal. Disney has these "wonderful weeks of Disney" where you can go for cheaper. I found a villa at their beachfront resort with a dining plan for less than a regular room at the same resort. Awesome, right? So, it's a studio, no big deal, that's like a regular hotel room with a kitchen. Here's the details:


Studios offer views of a parking area. The Studios have one queen-size bed and a double sleeper sofa, dining table with two chairs, and private balcony. Studio amenities include microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker and wet bar.


1 Bedroom Villa
+$816.72


Ha! "Studios offer views of a parking area." I love that. Like it's a bonus or something. I can just imagine us sipping coffee, reading the paper, watching the morning valet guys come in for their shift. Ah... the magic of Disney.

Of course, you can get a view of the water or the park or whatever, it will just be an extra $816.72.

No comments: