Monday, January 15, 2007

Bits 'n Pieces

1. We booked a photographer for the wedding. Yes! I got to book the guy I wanted, who is definitely on the expensive end of things, but I know that I love his work. Once the day itself is over, the photography will be all we have, so I think it is totally worth it to "splurge" on the photography. Not that we couldn't have found a more expensive photographer, because they're out there. This guy is expensive for wedding photographers, but by no means is he at the top of the price range. Plus, I really like him and I think that's important, too.

2. We ordered my desk! We are turning one of the spare rooms in our house into my office, so that I have a place to go to study. Mr has done nearly all of the actual work, save for a little sanding, and I helped apply the skim coat to the walls. But he has done the majority of the sanding, all of the priming, ceiling and trim painting and he's going to paint it tomorrow night. Because of school (why I need the office) I can't help much. He's really handy to have around. To top it all off, for Christmas, he said I could order the desk I really want from Pottery Barn, even though it is pricey as hell. Thankfully, I found a chair that matches at Target for considerably less, so I was able to save him a little cash there. I'll post pictures soon.

3. Speaking of pictures, I realized that I didn't take any pictures of the awful, blood-red walls that used to be in our bedroom. I took a little tour of the room after we skim-coated, but I don't know how to post video. We'll see if I can figure that out later.

4. I can't find one of my old friends. I realized that I haven't spoken to her in a while and made a note to email her today. Oops, I don't have her email. Her cell phone number now belongs to a guy with a Spanish accent, and she no longer works at the job that I had for her. According to the guy I talked to, she moved to New Orleans about six months ago. I spent a good part of the morning looking for her online, to no avail. I'll have to look up her parents' and call them. Is it weird that I still feel it is important to invite her to my wedding? We don't keep in touch anymore but when we do we have a lovely time. We'll see if I can get a hold of her.

5. Hank's sick. He woke us up at 3am last night to go ... well, he needed to go out. I used to be annoyed that it was always my job to walk him in the mornings. Now that we've moved, I have to get up by 5:30 to walk him, or I'll be late for work. Mr's commute has shrank since we moved, yet I still walk Hank. This morning at 3am though? I remembered why I don't complain about walking him. Because sick in the middle of the night is Mr's job. Poor puppy apparently puked this morning, too. Hopefully whatever strange thing he ate has gotten out and he's ok. If he's still sick tonight, I'll have to take him to the vet. Again.

No comments: