Friday, April 07, 2006

Your Girls Need Support

You need to wear a bra.  Seriously.  I don’t understand what’s going on here.  Let me clarify:  If you are female and over the age of 13, YOU NEED TO WEAR A BRA.  It doesn’t matter what size your boobs are.  I don’t care if you’re “flat” or whatever.  Even if you are an “almost A,” you need a bra.  I can see your nipples.  Maybe your shirt isn’t see-through, but I CAN SEE YOUR NIPPLES.  This is inappropriate.  I don’t care if it’s a training bra or a camisole, but for God’s sake, please put something on.  

For the most part, I am concerned about women, over 18 – no, let’s say 15, who think that bras are optional.  I have a friend, a very sweet woman who is pushing 30, who seems to think that bras are only for fancy occasions.  This is unfortunate.  Even if you are wearing a sweater, I can tell that you are not properly supported.  It makes me uncomfortable.  My friend frequently wears t-shirts with nothing underneath.  She doesn’t have a particularly large chest, but she does have breasts, and they are a little too free.  You know how they can kind of point out to the sides? Yeah. We shouldn’t know that.

There’s also a woman in one of my classes who I just can’t figure out.  She has shown up to both classes so far with a somewhat tight long sleeved shirt on, no make-up, trendy sweats and no bra.  Maybe she’s going for a “natural” look, but when you are at least a D-cup, bras are NOT and optional item of clothing.  Seriously, it’s very distracting.  Why does she think that’s ok? Isn’t she worried about sagging?  I’m not a D and I am concerned about sagging.  I think her back probably hurts.  With the proper support, that wouldn’t be an issue.

It doesn’t help when celebrities are running around willy-nilly bra-less.  For examples, please check out The Superficial.  It’s a super-addictive website that really tracks the best of all celebrity activity.  There’s a thing in there today about Paris Hilton and how she loves being flat-chested because it means she never has to wear a bra.  She should cover up more in general.  Preferably in a hole somewhere far away where I’ll never have to hear anything else about her.  She doesn’t need a bra because most of her clothing features a lot of side-boob action.  Bras get in the way of that.  

No comments: